People and businesses conduct online business and transactions every day, which means the safety and security of customer accounts is a top priority for Riverland Bank. To safeguard accounts, filter out suspicious activity, and proactively prevent and identify fraudulent activity, we provide a number of secure and reliable tools to protect customers – such as ACH Fraud Filter and Positive Pay – because it’s better to be safe than sorry.
ACH Fraud Filter
Since businesses only have 24 hours to return any unauthorized debit, our ACH Fraud Filter service allows you to eliminate the tedious process of manual monitoring, while maintaining an efficient and trustworthy operation that protects your company from payments fraud.
No More Manual Monitoring
With ACH Fraud Filter, you can set various payment authorization filters which allow you to review and approve any unauthorized ACH transactions that fall outside of your set parameters.
Here’s how it works:
- As a business customer, you can establish a list of approved vendors who are allowed to debit and credit your account.
- Riverland Bank compares all incoming ACH entries to that list, promptly notifying you of any items that are not on your approved list. If this occurs, you simply log into the system to review the transactions and decide whether to mark them for return or approve them for payment.
If you’re not set up with ACH Fraud Filter yet or if you are interested in becoming a business customer, connect with one of the experts on our Riverland Business Banking team.
Check fraud continues to be a widespread issue, primarily targeting business accounts. Riverland Bank’s Positive Pay allows you to quickly identify unauthorized and counterfeit checks before it’s too late, helping your company maintain financial security while saving time and effort.
Less Time and Effort, More Financial Security
Positive Pay, an automated, fraud-catching service, focuses on eradicating potential check fraud. By comparing checks presented for payment with checks you’ve issued, it allows you to review the items that don’t match your issued file and decide whether or not to pay.
Here’s how it works:
- Each time your accounts generate checks, you transmit the checks-issued file to Riverland Bank via a secure access portal.
- Riverland ensures your issued check information aligns with our daily paid checks file, confirming all checks presented for payment have been approved and were presented for the correct amount.
- If any items do not match the issue data, we provide that information immediately so you can review and determine whether to pay or return those items.
If you are interested in more information on either ACH Fraud Filter or Positive Pay, or if you would like to speak with someone about opening a business account, click here to connect with one of the experts on our Riverland Business Banking team.
Here For You
Check out additional security tips and resources, such as how to avoid identity theft or be on the lookout for business email compromises.