October is Cybersecurity Month. Working remotely creates new opportunities for cyber threats to your business. Here are five tips for working from home safely and securely:
1. Always change the default manufacturer/administrative account password on your network modem or router. Routers will come preconfigured with a default password. The default passwords for most router models are easily accessible on the internet, making it extremely important to change the administrative passwords and not use the default.
2. Use a unique password and enable two-factor authentication on your network modem and router.
3. Change your Wi-Fi network name to something unique that doesn’t provide any identifying information.
4. Enable a firewall on your network devices.
5. Log out of and off of all devices when you have completed your workday and store your device in a secure location.