Business isn’t as usual; this is business “outside the box”. Riverland Bank chose to close the lobbies of both the Jordan and Minneapolis locations in March of this year to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. The pandemic has forced many businesses to work “outside the box”, Riverland Bank included. Luckily, we were preparing for this transition long before the pandemic arrived. We know how important it is to evolve so banking can be performed online, as a result, Riverland Bank invested in electronic tools to help meet your needs when “in-person” meetings aren’t so convenient.
We want to assure you; we are here for you and will continue to be as COVID restrictions throughout our communities change. You can rest assured that we will continue to offer the same quality service throughout these trying times. We have and will continue to provide our high-quality customer service through our many electronic banking tools, the Jordan drive-up, by phone and lobby visits by appointment only at both locations.
Branch Safety Precautions
- Doors are locked, every visitor must be verified and allowed in the office.
- Everyone entering the office must take their temperature with our state-of-the-art temperature scanners and use hand sanitizer.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at all customer interaction sites.
- All employees and visitors must wear a face mask.
Helpful Contactless Banking Resources
- 24-hour access to Online Banking for both personal and business accounts
- The Riverland Bank Mobile Banking App is available and can be downloaded for free directly from the App Store® or Google Play® on your mobile device. Checks can be deposited through the app.*
- The Riverland Bank Biz App is available and can be downloaded for free directly from the App Store® or Google Play® on your mobile device. Checks can be deposited through the app.*
- Riverland Bank debit cards are part of the MoneyPass® Network of over 25,000 surcharge-free ATMs. The MoneyPass® app is available on Google Play or the Apple App Store where you can search for the nearest ATM
- There are additional convenience tools for available businesses, click here for more information.
Riverland Bank will continue to monitor the situation and evaluate any further actions needed. For additional information about COVID-19, visit cdc.gov or your local health department website. Remember, we’re here to help. If the coronavirus pandemic has caused financial problems for you, please reach out to us. We’ll work with you to find your best solution.
Hours and Contact Information
Please know we are monitoring this developing situation closely, as we work to protect the health and well-being of our employees, clients, and communities.
* There are deposit limit restrictions. If you have issues with a deposit call a bank branch.